How to Get the Most From A Security Cameras In Madison
Security cameras can easily be used as a hindrance—something that informs would-be thieves or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can leverage your security cameras to tighten your home’s safety measures.
Luckily, the latest security cameras come equipped with an array of tools all designed to enable all-encompassing protection for your residence. Whether it’s 2-way audio and recording options or infrared dark vision and fast action motion detectors, these features empower you to get the most from security cameras in Madison.
How To Set Up Your Madison Home Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
Installing your video surveillance on the optimal locations around your residence is the first place to start with home security.. Indoor security cameras should be placed in high traffic spots like the kitchen or den. It’s also a smart move to have a camera pointed at main entryways, stairs, or other common areas thieves would have to enter through to get to the rest of your house. Outdoor security cameras ideally afford a clear view of your patio, driveway, and yards, garage, and other exterior separated buildings, like sheds. And you can easily get a view of your front door through a subtle doorbell camera.
There are locations within your house that are less imperative to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Privacy for you and your guests ought to be a primary concern prior to placing a security device in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you desire some type of security in bedrooms.
Features That Elevate Home Security Cameras
Component placement is only the beginning in utilizing the all you can out of home security cameras in Madison. The features listed below help to elevate security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Get instant alerts on your phone the instant strange motion is sensed. You can also configure cameras to start recording when movements are detected which helps increase camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Set your security cameras to capture footage and back up clips to the cloud for easy playback anytime.
- 2-way audio: Nearly all of current security cameras feature a built-in microphone and speaker so you are able to chat with anyone through the device. Through your mobile app, you can act like you’re inside or talk to your kids as they get home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view is a term for how much a security camera can see, and allows for a more exhaustive look at an area. Opt for cameras that provide a minimum of 120-degree wide angle lens or that can pan automatically for complete visibility.
- Night vision: Double check that your home security cameras come with either LED or infrared sensors that will capture footage of overnight activity.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more exact, program activity zones. For example, you can tell your exterior camera to alert you of activity taking place on your yard or your patio and disregard cars passing or the sidewalk.
- Security app: security app, like ADT Control®, enable you to live-stream camera footage, direct cameras, toggle on and off the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app should send timely texts when the see unusual motion around your property.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Getting the most out of your video surveillance in Madison is more simple. From lightning quick motion detection to two-way audio, your home security system is elevated from just a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (608) 424-5550 or complete the form below to start customizing your home security and camera system today.